If you’re an avid fan of skincare or beauty products, then you’ve probably come across this name. Cica, also known for its scientific name Centella Asiatica is a leafy green herb found in the marshy areas of Asia. It’s filled with amino acids, vitamins, and fatty acids.
This plant is also popular in traditional Chinese medicine, used to cure redness and inflammation because it has properties that help soothe and heal. Simply said, it has a lot of benefits for the skin which makes it a popular ingredient among beauty brands.
Today, we want to put in the spotlight the benefits of Centella Asiatica, and which Cica-infused products are worth adding to your skincare routine.
How Does Cica Help Your Skin?
Cica has been a staple ingredient in the beauty industry over the past years. Almost every skincare brand has a dedicated range or collection of Cica-infused products, and it’s not surprising why. Here are some of the benefits of Centella Asiatica:
- It is suitable for all skin-types – finding a suitable product can be a struggle if you have a sensitive dermis, but Cica is ideal for everyone, even those with the most sensitive skin! This herb helps boost the moisture levels, so your skin can withstand irritants and environmental aggressions like pollution.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties – these soothing benefits will prevent blemishes, reduce redness, and lessens the overall irritation of the skin.
- It boosts collagen production – according to research, Cica promotes collagen synthesis which aids in giving the skin a young and healthy appearance since it is full of antioxidants like Vitamins C, A, B1 and B2!
- It fades stretch marks and scars – Cica also improves blood circulation. This helps with the skin’s healing process, speeding up wound recovery. That’s why it can help reduce the appearance of stretch marks, scars and other hyperpigmentation caused by acne.
- It soothes, heals, and repairs wounds – fun fact, Cica is also called “tiger grass” because these animals roll in it to heal their wounds. Since it has anti-inflammatory properties, it can soothe scratches, burns and hypertrophic scars. Studies even found that it is also beneficial in calming psoriasis or eczema.
Neogence’s Cica & B5 Repairing Series
As we grow older, our skin becomes thinner and more fragile. This means our skin barrier can be easily damaged due to harsh climate conditions, stress, pollution or too much exfoliation. Fortunately, there are a lot of ways to protect your skin, including having a dedicated skincare routine.
Introducing Neogence – a beauty brand originated in Taiwan.
Since the birth of its first Hero Product – The best-selling Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Essence in 2005, they have since continued with their mission to develop effective Cosmeceutical Derma skincare products that are effective and safe for the consumers and environment.
Bringing to you the spotlight on the Cica and B5 Repairing Series from Neogence – find out how they help to fix and soothe skin irritation and repair skin barriers.
Neogence Cica & B5 Repairing Serum
After cleansing and toning your skin in the evening, you can use this Cica & B5 Repairing Serum as a next step in your skincare routine. Infused with ProVitamin B5, Hyaluronic Acid and 95% pure Madecassoside, it keeps the skin hydrated and boosts elasticity for that youthful look.
It also prevents dryness and reduces the redness and itching caused by irritation!
This is the perfect serum for your skincare regime if you have acne-prone, oily, or sensitive skin as it contains no alcohol, dyes or paraben mineral oil.
Just apply a small amount over your face and neck every night and experience a bright, shiny, and soft skin. 😉
Neogence Cica & B5 Repairing Cream
Sensitive-skin girlies, this one’s for you! Meet the Cica & B5 Repairing Cream – the best solution for easily irritated dermis. Enriched with Centellia Asiatica and B5, this product gives your skin intense hydration and the nourishment it needs.
Just like the serum, it lessens dryness, peeling and at the same time reduces the redness and itching. Plus, it boosts moisture levels for that plumped look.
A perfect companion to the serum, the Cica & B5 repairing cream reduces peeling, redness and itching. It helps to soothe and calm sensitive and irritated skin and gives your skin a moisture boost for a plumped and glowing complexion.
You can apply it every morning or evening by gently massaging it on your face and neck using your fingertips until all product is absorbed. Say bye to discomfort and hello to soothed skin!
Neogence Cica & B5 Repairing Lotion
Keeping the skin hydrated is a must because dry skin can lead to itching and other irritations. That is exactly what this Cica & B5 Repairing Lotion does! With high concentration of Provitamin B5 and 95% high purity of Centella Asiatica extract, this product repairs the sebum layer and locks in hydration to keep the skin soft.
It offers immediate repair, soothing any redness and itching. Formulated with just 9 key ingredients, it does not have any ingredients that can trigger irritation like alcohol, mineral oil, or preservatives so your skin can feel at ease.
Level up your regime and maintain your skin’s plumped and firm look with this lotion.
Our skin is the largest organ of the body so protecting it is very important. However, various factors and our day-to-day activities can make it difficult to keep it damage-free. Investing in products with beneficial ingredients such as the Cica or Centella Asiatica can help you achieve a resilient skin, so make sure to check the label on your next skincare shopping spree! 😉