This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Betime Marketing Pte Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
- As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, identification numbers such as NRIC, FIN, work permit and birth certificate, residential address, email address, telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, usernames, personal preferences and shopping interest. It could also, in certain circumstances, include unique numerical identifiers like your IP address as well as cookies.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
- We may collect and use your personal data via our websites, forms, apps, devices or brands pages on social media or otherwise. Sometimes you may give this to us directly (e.g. when you create an account, when you contact us, when you purchase from our websites or stores), sometimes we collect it indirectly (e.g. using cookies to understand how you use our websites/apps), or sometimes we receive your Personal Data from other third parties.
- Although the precise details of the personal information collected will vary according to the specific purpose for which we are collecting the information, we may typically collect the following personal information from or in relation to you:
(c) phone number(s)
(d) date of birth
(e) e-mail address
(f) credit card number
(h) language preference
(i) product category preferences
When do we collect your Personal Data?
What is the purpose of the collected Personal Data?
When browsing on our sites
When participating in giveaways, contests and signing up for samples
To carry out prize draws, contests or giveaways which you chose to participate in and to determine the winner or to provide the prize if you win and to allocate samples accordingly.
When shopping online
To process your online purchase and deliver the product to you as ordered. Your payment and delivery related Personal Data may be transferred to payment and courier service providers to process your payments and deliver your orders, respectively.
When using our loyalty program
To provide you with all services under the Loyalty Program including points and rewards schemes.
When you request for a service
We process Personal Data to provide you with our products or services that you request from us, including sending you direct marketing materials (newsletters/promotions) and products or samples that you have requested.
Fraud prevention and other administrative services, such as registration
To carry out administrative services, including processing any application you submit to us for providing the services, preventing or detecting fraud or other crimes, verifying your identity and credit/payment status, or processing payment instructions. Your payment related Personal Data may be transferred to payment providers to process your payments or the police for fraud prevention purposes.
For product research, to understand and analyse our sales, and your needs and preferences
We may use your information such as your geographic location, the benefits you look for in our products or services to help us conduct focused market research based on trends and common factors so that we can develop, enhance, market and provide, products and services to meet your needs.
- We may share your personal data:
a. where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you;
b. to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you such as management of our website, run promotions, customer care and management of loyalty scheme and market research.
c. to Google where we may incorporate and use Google services (including advertising and analytics) on our websites/apps.
When we use Google services on our websites/apps, Google will access and use your Personal Data. If you wish to learn more on how Google used your Personal Data in this context, please consult the Google Privacy & Terms which govern these services and Personal Data processing; or
d. to Facebook where we may incorporate and use Facebook features and services on our websites/apps.
All Facebook features and services available on our website/app are governed by the Facebook Data Policy in which you can get more info about your privacy rights and settings options.
By using our website/app, you may:
- Sign-up with your Facebook login. If you do so, you consent to share some of your public profile information with us;
- Use the Facebook social plug-ins, such as “like” or “share” our content on the Facebook platform;
- Accept cookies from this website/app (also identified as “Facebook Pixel”) that will help us understand your activities, including information about your device, how you use our services, the purchase you make and the ads you see, whether or not you have a Facebook account or are logged into Facebook. When you are using those Facebook features, we collect data that help us to:
- Show you might be interested in on Facebook (or Instagram, Messenger or any other Facebook services);
- Measure and analyse the effectiveness of our website/app and ads.
We may also use the Personal Data you provide on our website/app (such as your name and surname, email, address and phone number) to identify you in Facebook (or Instagram, Messenger or any other Facebook services) in order to show you ads that are even more relevant for you. While doing this, Facebook will not share your personal information and will delete the information promptly after the match process is complete.
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within fourteen (14) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within fourteen (14) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption, use of privacy filters, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third-party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE SINGAPORE
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Name of DPO: Betime Marketing Pte Ltd Contact No: 6766 3188 Email Address: email@example.com Address: 31 Bukit Batok Crescent
#01-46/47 The Splendour
EFFECTS OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date: 07/02/2014
Last updated: 01/02/2021